Hello All,

I have searched the list for some time now and could not find a conclusive
answer for my problem. I am hoping someone else has come across this and can
help me.

When displaying information about a User, I need to display the Label for a
Country Code. This should be simple enough. However, the User bean contains
only the country code. To get the Country label, I need to iterate over the
Country Data static collection, which stores information about each country
as a LabelValueBean. This collection is stored in session scope.

However, the problem is that while inside the logic:iterate tag, the
logic:equal tag does not accept dynamic value for the 'value' attribute. The
processing should be like this:

<logic:iterate id="countries" name="countryCollection"
type="org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean">
    <logic:equal name="countries" property="value"
value="USER.GETCOUNTRYCODE">
        <bean:write name="countries" property="label" />
    </logic:equal>
</logic:iterate>

The USER.GETCOUNTRYCODE is the problem part. I have tried value='<bean:write
name="user" property="country"/>'. This does not work, as it seems that it
is parsed as is by the compiler. I also tried using bean:define for the
country code and then passing that in but that fails as well.

I ended up writing a scriptlet around it to solve the problem, but am not
convinced that it is the best way to go about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Vikram