It might be worth looking at strutstestcase and developing some junit tests
instead of developing a tags for turning on and off debug statements in the
output.

Once you get used to building JUnit test cases to incrementally validate
your app logic, you may find that your need to display debug statements is
a lot less. The big value, though, is that you can just leave all your old
Junit tests in the code base and then doing quick regressions tests is easy
if you ever make changes later - if you ever add code that caussomething
that used to work to break you know without having to go back and re-add
print statements (or even uncomment debug tags). You can catch problems
right at build time.

Strutstestcase is easy to use and works well:
http://strutstestcase.sourceforge.net/ .

Kevin

http://www.strutskickstart.com

"Mark Ayad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 11/11/2002 05:53:18 PM

       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:    Re: Debugging Http Request Response

Ahh I guess plugging into an external server works like JProbe.

First I'm seeing what I can get by using standard taglibs. I must admit I
needed this debug alot in servlet projects undertaken several years ago,
however with stuts the need for such a feature in much less since request
mapping is a dream.

Mark