See http://www.anassina.com/struts/i18n/i18n.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Gemes Tibor [mailto:gemes@;regens.hu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 12:27 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: AW: unicode in struts

2002. november 12. 09:49 dátummal Hirschmann, Bernhard ezt írtad:
> HOW do you set the charset?
>
> You should do it this way:
>  <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8" %>
>
> ...instead of this way:
>
> At least, this is my experience. Websphere on Solaris only with the first
> variant.

Yes, it won't work unless your default locale has utf-8 as the charset,
because the second one converts your page into the charset of the container
locale, and sends it to the client, and the client tries to convert it into
utf-8. However the first one converts on the container side ignoring the
default locale so it should work in all circumstances.

Tib