Your multimap must be an instance of java.util.Map to get logic:iterate to
recognize/handle it properly.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Mark Ayad [mailto:mark@;javamark.com]
        Sent: Tue 11/12/2002 9:17 AM
        To: Struts Users Mailing List
        Subject: Map iterate problem

        I have a Map which I place into the Application Context using the following
line in a plugin init:

        servlet.getServletContext().setAttribute("mm", new MultiMap());

        The map is:

        public class MultiMap
        {
         public Map values = new HashMap();

            public void setValue(String key, Object value) {
                values.put(key, value);
            }

            public Object getValue(String key) {
                return values.get(key);
            }

            public MultiMap()
            {
             values.put("foo","bar");

             values.put("you","me");
            }

            public Map getMap()
            {
             return values ;
            }
        }

        In the JSP I try to iterate over this map using (which doesn't throw any
exceptions):

         <logic:iterate id="map" name="mm" property="map">
         </logic:iterate>

        However When I try to use

        <bean:write name="mm" property="key"/>

        I get:

        javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property key of bean
        mm

        What am I missing ?

<<winmail.dat>>