From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@;apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 12:30 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: jsp:setProperty

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:09:01 +1000
From: Wendy Cameron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: jsp:setProperty

Hello All,

This is probably not the best forum, but I was wondering if
anyone new how to, do the equivalent of

jsp:setProperty "*" in a servlet

Or is this not possible?

Actually it is, and it's the basic reason that the BeanUtils classes were
created in the first place. See the BeanUtils.copyProperties() and
BeanUtils.populate() methods -- Struts actually uses the latter when it
populates your form bean properties for you. Javadocs are at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api/

Regards Wendy

Craig