from:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#dyna_act
ion_form_classes

"The list of types supported by DynaActionForm beans includes:

java.lang.BigDecimal
java.lang.BigInteger
boolean and java.lang.Boolean
byte and java.lang.Byte
char and java.lang.Character
java.lang.Class
double and java.lang.Double
float and java.lang.Float
int and java.lang.Integer
long and java.lang.Long
short and java.lang.Short
java.lang.String
java.sql.Date
java.sql.Time
java.sql.Timestamp "

now, with that being said.  I have used my own classes in the DynaForms, but
they wil lbe initialized to null UNLESS you do the following:

1) in the Action class, cast the form to a DynaActionForm
2) do an explicit myForm.set("myProperty", new myObject()) type call

all in all, i did alot of research on dynaforms and they are pretty useful,
but in my opinion they arent versatile enough yet for complex
applications/valdation...In the end we choose to retain mostly traditional
forms.

drew