I'm typing too fast today.....

> So, the only difference between hitting save and clicking to go somewhere
> else is the location.href='somepage.do' somewhere

that appears after the 'changes saved' or 'error' page is rendered.

> Of course, if there were errors, then you need to handle that as well.
Meaning that they would need to fix them or hit cancel.

> I'm guessing that hitting cancel at this point will let them escape
> the forced workflow/validation.

So a cancel will take them to the link they clicked on before they were
prompted to save changes.

Sorry, hope I got it right this time.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org

"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?"
- Seymour Cray (1925-1996), father of supercomputing