Jim,

You can download a free IDE called Eclipse, and download and install the
Struts plugin.  But its more of a code wizard than a true GUI tool like you
are use to with DreamweaverMX.  I'm not clear if you are an HTML/DHTML coder
or a Cold Fusion coder who is making the transition into JSP/Servlet
development or not.  But if you are use to using Dreamweaver MX for
JSP/servlet development, be aware that Dreamweaver cannot use the Struts tag
library UNLESS you download and run an exe that will convert the Struts TLD
files into the Macromedia equivalent file extension (I can't remember what
the custom tag library file extensions are called in Dreamweaver).  If so,
you can then install the struts custom tag library inside of Dreamweaver,
BUT, you cannot render it (or view it) as you could HTML tags.

Check the Macromedia web site for more details.  I found the exe file posted
there about three months ago, but decided to keep my development inside of
Eclipse.  Supposedly, if you use the posted exe file, you can create a
custom tag library that can be used inside of DreamweaverMX by converting
any TLD file into the equivalent file that Dreamweaver uses.  I now use
Dreamweaver only to template my HTML layout for complex pages, and then I
move it into Eclipse and replace the HTML tags with the Struts tag
libraries.

Hope this info is of some help.

Celeste Haseltine, PE
MTL, Inc