From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@;asu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 8:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: stylesheets with jsp's under WEB-INF?

I asked about this on comp.lang.java.programmer, and the response was,
basically, "Don't do that."  So, since Struts is the reason I'm putting my
jsp's under WEB-INF, can anyone here help with this dilemma?

Would it be better to move the jsp's back above WEB-INF and put in a Filter
to stop people accessing them directly?  (Not quite sure _how_ yet but if
that's the answer I'll figure it out!)

[Tomcat 4.1.14, Struts 1.1 nightly]

I can't get my jsp's that are stored under WEB-INF/jsp to "see" my
stylesheet.

The jsp lives in:
/path/to/tomcat/webapps/dev/WEB-INF/jsp/contact.jsp
(They are under WEB-INF to keep people from getting to them without going
through the Struts action controller.)

I don't really need to hide my stylesheet, so it can live in:
/path/to/tomcat/webapps/dev/css/style.css

With all the style stuff directly in the jsp, it was working fine. But since
I want to use this stylesheet with all of my jsp's, I'd like to store it
separately.
I've tried both:
<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="css/style.css" TITLE="Style" />
<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="/css/style.css" TITLE="Style"/>

As well as putting style.css right beside contact.jsp and using
HREF="style.css"

I'm sure I just haven't hit on the right combination of where to put it and
what LINK tag to use. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,

--
Wendy in Chander, AZ