I don't use dyna beans so I can't help you there. Leaving the redirect attribute off a forward does mean that you're forwarding unless you've changed it globally to do redirects.

David

From: "Jorge Martins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: ActionForm manipulation within an Action
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:02:59 -0000

Well, I had tried it before just like you are saying...

Two actions use the same ActionForm (a DynaValidatorForm defined with
request scope).
The first Action sets a property in the ActionForm and forwards to
another Action (using a local <forward name="..." path="..."/> -- with
no redirect=true this should be forwarding, right?!). The problem is the
second Action received the ActionForm without the property set...

Due to time constraints I had to resort to an ugly bypass to the
ActionForms by setting an attribute directly in the request (in the
first Action) and verifying the existence of the attribute (in the
second Action).

Any thoughts on why this wasn't working?

Thanks,
jorge

inesc-id Jorge Martins | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
lisboa Software Engineering Group |
http://www.esw.inesc-id.pt/~jorge

The form bean can be in the request scope as long as you're forwarding
the next resource and NOT redirecting.

David