That's not what the contextRelative attribute means. Here's the snippet from
the 1.1 DTD:

contextRelative  Set this to "true" if, in a modular application, the path
                 attribute starts with a slash "/" and should be considered
                 relative to the entire web application rather than the module.
                 Since Struts 1.1.
                 [false]

The redirect attribute only determines if RequestDispatcher.forward or
HttpServletResponse.sendRedirect is used. In either case, the path attribute is
always either module-relative or context-relative.

I think you'll have to use something like HttpServletResponse.sendRedirect
directly in your Action to redirect outside your app's context.

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>