You never need to specify a language specific file. You can break up your messages into different bundles and use the bundle attribute jstl and struts messaging tags to select it. Struts will select the correct language for you, you just need to tell it which bundle to use.

David

From: "Jana Navaneethan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Question! ApplicationResources.properties file
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:32:17 -0500

Hi,
I have a multi-lingual application, Which uses STRUTS 1.0.2. I have
an ApplicationResources.properties file which has more than 600 lines of
code. Is it good to have one large properties file? Or Can I split it into
multiple properties file? Which is the best approach? in terms of memory and
speed. If I want to use multiple properties file I know I have to use
bundles and Key is it supported in 1.0.2? and how do I select Language
specific properties file in case of multiple properties files? Any thoughts
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jana.