Struts in Action is published and it rocks. I would like a book that does everything, including exposing all the xml "magic", etc. But, Struts in Action is cool. Probably depends a lot on what you want out of a book. I want everything. Many people just want a manual to develop. I cannot develop without knowing what is going on under the hood. Doesn't feel right. Many don't care, however. I would page through them and decide on your own according to your own specification. I solve this problem by buying them all.

Micael

At 03:36 PM 11/19/2002 -0500, you wrote:
The Goodwill book clearly got rushed to market without adequate editorial
care. It claims to use 1.1 in the examples, but there are so many serious
inconsistencies between the text and examples that 1.1 must have been
last-minute addition.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Cooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 3:19 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: which one to buy? Struts books? Any ideas?

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Michael C. Clark wrote:

> I've read the Goodwill book a couple of times.  If you're "not new"
> to struts, it may not be of great value.  It will get you up and
> running, is clearly and succinctly written and has good, though
> *basic* examples.

As far as I can tell, though, this book does not cover Struts 1.1 at all,
so if you're looking for information on "the latest Struts goodies", this
wouldn't be the right book. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

--
Martin Cooper

> -Mike

Micael

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain information belonging to the sender which may be confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the message. Thank you