From: Savantraj, Chennamakal Subramanian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 10:24 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: About RowSet

Hi,
Could anyone share your experience in using RowSet to Transfer data from
ResultSet? What is the significance difference using a rowset instead of
our custom generated collection object or something like TableModel?
What would be a better option for the following situation.

Objective
1. Create a Custom Tag which will generate a Table HTML Display
based on a Result Set. Approach 1
1. Run the SQL
2. Populate Collection (RowSet/TableModel/Any other) from
ResultSet
3. Pass the collection to Custom Tag
4. Custom Tag will generate <SELECT><Option></SELECT> based on
the collection.

In the above scenario will I save any processing (Looping) if I use
RowSet? If I am using my own collection I need to run Loop 1 to create
the collection and Loop 2 inside Custom Tag to generate HTML. RowSet
looks like saving the first loop. But how it is internally doing? Is it
the same way?

Pls provide your advice.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Savant

This email is confidential and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above and may contain information that is
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by return email or telephone and destroy the original
message. Thank you. - This mail is sent via Sony Asia Pacific Mail