Brian Hickey wrote:

Martin is correct :o)

Also be aware that very very large files can exceed the setting of Java temp
space (memory) allocation is some containers and crash them.

One approach that works is to write a simple file upload script in Perl.
This allows you to check content-type, size, etc. and reject the upload
before trouble happens. It is also platform independent to a "reasonable"
degree.

Unless I'm mistaken, the commons file-upload component can do this too. Am I mistaken?

Just another $.02 worth...

Brian

--
Eddie Bush