Thanks Robert...

I realise Struts is a server side framework but take the Struts notation
for say an input box e.g. <html:text property="name" size="35"/>
It supports the attributes 'alt', 'disabled' and various
Javascript-specific extensions which are not all supported or rendered the
same in different browsers...
I have read several mails inquiring about the same thing, if the
'autocomplete' extension will be accessible through Struts in the future...
The auotcomplete function is a security risk or is percieved as such by
many people, it would seem more like common sense to cater for it in
whatever means possible, even if it simply serves to make STRUTS more
attractive as a rapid development framework for people who are going to use
IE to view the application and where security is an issue.
HTML has a standard way of disabling it, e.g. <input type="text"
autocomplete="off"> ... this is how it's disabled in many banking
applications etc. where security is a big concern...

I'd appreciate any input on this that anyone might have,
Thanks,
David

              "Robert Taylor"

              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           To:      "Struts Users Mailing List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                               cc:

              21/11/2002 12:35                 Subject: RE: IE's autocomplete

              Please respond to

              "Struts Users Mailing

              List"

David, Struts is a server side framework, and therefore does not directly
control the behavior of the client.
Struts, JSTL, EL, etc..., facilitate rendering data in the client. So
unless
HTML or Javascript has a standard way to disable MS IE's *autocomplete* for
input forms, you are at the mercy of the client.

robert