Andrew,

You may want to have a look at STXX.  It is available at
http://www.openroad.ca/opencode/stxx.

Here is a generial description from the site:

Struts for transforming XML with XSL (stxx) is an extension of the struts framework to
support XML and XSL without changing the functionality of struts .

stxx sit's on top of struts, extending it's existing functionality to allow Action
classes to return XML that will be transformed by an XSL file.
The idea of stxx is to remove the need to be use JSP and TagLibs for the presentation
layer of this framework. However, stxx does not force you to go the XML/XSL route,
both technologies will work side by side.

Regards,
Todd G. Nist