The struts javadoc page for GenericDataSource says to use BasicDataSource.

When I configure a struts data-source with BasicDataSource, my struts 1.1 b2
application fails work with a

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

On the appplication startup

While if I remove the "type" attribute all appears well.

This dies
  <data-source key="SiteCatalogDataSource"
type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">

This works
  <data-source key="SiteCatalogDataSource">

Why do I want a BasicDataSource? The docs implie that I can do it, and
GenericDataSource's methods are all deprecated.

I wanted to get the at the DriveClassName within the app to print out in the
logs the application configuration.

Thanks

Anthony