Hi Jordan,

sorry for the late response...

You can not specify a wildcard like * for nextPath - the framework does not support that up to now. I would be happy to integrate it, if you can explain a valid use case for it.

Right now I do not see a necessity for a wildcard, because you can always leave away the "nextPath" and the "nextState" parameters, which has basically the same result: The action that follows next can be any action.

To refer to you concrete problem: Preventing people from entering your workflow in the middle can be achieved by using the prevState parameters:

If you have actions A, B, C and you want the user to execute B only if A has been executed before and C only if B has already been executed you can do the following:

- equip action A with the state 1, action B with state 2
- set prevState=1 for action B and prevState=2 for action C

This way action B can only be executed, if the workflow is in state 1 (i. e. action A has been executed) and action C can only be executed, if the workflow is in state 2 (i. e. action B has been executed).

Pls. let me know, if this helps.

--- Matthias

Jordan Thomas wrote:

Hi All,

I am using the workflow extention to create my workflows. It seems that
when I am in the middle of a workflow, there is no way to allow the user
to jump out of the workflow into another area of the application. I have
tried specifying a * and a *.do as a nextPath parameter but that doesn't
seem to work. Does anyone know how to gain a little more flexibility
with this framework? All I want to do is stop people from jumping
steps/entering into the middle of a workflow. At the moment, it seems
that a user needs to enter a workflow and then complete that workflow
before a he/she can leave it. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can
work around this?

Thanks

Jordan