My definition looks as follows:

<definition name="add.application.page" extends="layout.page"
controllerClass="com.nielsenmedia.nam.ui.action.GetApplications">
    <put name="body" value="/jsps/addApplication.jsp"></put>
    <put name="page.title" value="add.application.title"></put>
</definition>

my controller class extends TilesAction and implements Controller. The
execute method is below:

public ActionForward execute( ComponentContext context,
                                 ActionMapping mapping,
                                 ActionForm form,
                                 HttpServletRequest request,
                                 HttpServletResponse response)
                          throws IOException, ServletException{

        Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(GetApplications.class);
        logger.debug("execuite on GetApplications was called...");
        context.putAttribute( "TEST", "TEST");
        return null;
    }

In my JSP I have the following:
<tiles:importAttribute name="TEST" scope="page"/>
<tiles:getAsString name="TEST"/>

The problem I have is that the controller action class is not getting
called. All I want for now is to be able to print the value of TEST to make
sure everything is working.

Can someone tell me if I've missed anything in my configuration. I've looked
at the samples, but I can't figure out how exactly you get your controller
to get called.

Thanks in advance