Have a factory class create your access beans. Before it returns a bean set the bean's dataSource property. You will configure the factory's DataSource with the one created by Struts when you app starts up. Make sense?
        Thanks.

Joao,

David

From: Joao Araujo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Bean database access concepts
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:37:10 -0500

I am not using EJB but plain beans to access the database.
I defined everything in such a way to isolate database access from action bean.
Now, I have some doubts about how to access the database connection.
Should I pass the connection as a parameter to the beans that accesss the datdabase, or
should I use another method?

Thanks a lot for your attention,

Joao,