Paul Hodgetts wrote:
John Nicholas wrote:

 > Yes, you want to have all page access go through the controller
 > even when it seems like it's not doing anything. There is a
 > default Action for this.
 >
 >     <action path="/mypath"
 >                 type="com.aapromo.RestrictedForewardAction" >
 >             <forward name="success" path="/defs/tilesdefsample" />
 >         </action>

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but where does
com.aapromo.RestrictedForewardAction come from?  I
don't see it in the Struts classes.  Is this an action
that you've written?  If so, does it do anything
special (I'm wondering what the "Restricted" part is
about)?
oops, I cut and pasted the wrong line. it should be this:

<action path="/mypath"
type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter="/defs/tilesdefsample">

the other was a variant I made to check loging status first.

You can also use this to go to a jsp but I don't think it will do the tiles part:

<action
path="/mypath"
forward="/index.jsp">
</action>