You might try putting all your taglib declarations into a taglibs.jsp file and include that file on the rest of your pages. This has the added benefit of localizing the declarations to one place.

David

From: "Brian Buckley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Struts Users" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: redundant tag declarations and JSTL
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:18:28 -0500

Hello:

My JSPs contain a bunch of include file statements inside of <nested:..>
tags. For example,

<nested:nest property="xxx" >
<%@ include file="/util/xxx/editor.jsp" %>
</nested:nest>

They work great. However, when I attempt to add JSTL into my pages, I get a
compile error when Tomcat attempts to process a JSP:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: null(-1,-1) null:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "xmlns:logic" was already specified
for element "jsp:root".

As the error message implies, I've determined the error is the result of
redundant taglib declarations, and this is happening because I have struts
tags in both included jsps and the main jsp. It is surprising to me that
this error does not surface until adding in even one line of JSTL, which
does not seem to be part of the problem.

Why does this error only appear when adding in JSTL?

Are my original JSPs actually invalid (because they contain redundant taglib
declarations) and should not have been working in the first place?

I am Tomcat 4.1.12 and struts 1.1b1.

Brian