Eric,

  The messages you see are the result of validation errors and exceptions being thrown
by the security service. In the banking example, the LoginForm performs the validation
to ensure that both fields have been populated by the user. If not, the application
doesn't even bother attempting to authenticate against the service. (Note: Since this
example is earlier in the book, I was not using Dynamic Forms and/or the Validator
like I do in the Storefront later in the book)

The InvalidLoginException is thrown when both fields have been populated, but fail to
authenticate against some security realm, there's really no security realm used here,
but in real life this might be a RDBMS, LDAP, etc.

I hope that explains things better.

Chuck