From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Java Server Faces stage?
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:54:26 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Adolfo Miguelez wrote:

> Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:13:00 +0000
> From: Adolfo Miguelez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Java Server Faces stage?
>
> Hi All,
>
> last days I have seen, the availability of the new technology Java Server
> Faces. It seems a really promissing technology.
>
> I have discovered recently that there is already a reference implementation
> available apart from the specs.
>
> I would like to know if if is currently possible to migrate our JSP projects
> to JSF.
>
> Any practical experience to share would be appreciated,

It would be possible, but it's just a little early at this point.

When the next release of JavaServer Faces is available (sorry, can't tell
you when at this point :-), I plan to make available an integration
library that makes integration with Struts very easy.

I wrote a message to the mailing list several months ago about the
strategic relationship between Struts and JSF (and JSTL as well) -- check
the mailing list archives for a subject line that included "Forward
Looking".

> thanks in advance,
>
> Adolfo.

Craig