Tomcat

 http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat

JBoss/Tomcat

 http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss

I can't help you with the comparison, but I usually use JBoss with
embedded Tomcat (even if I am only taking advantage of the servlet
container).  I really like the automatic hot deploy/redeploy feature.
It offers (for me at least) the simplest and fastest develop-deploy-test
cycle.

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but
when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup