I'm kinda new to Struts, so please forgive these simplistic questions.

(I've gone over the documentation and have been playing with the
struts-example app.)

1. Is the reason <bean:message key="" /> tags are used all over the place
(for things like page titles etc) primarily for locale support?  If not,
then should we restrict using that for text that is used in more than 1
place (or 1 file) so that it behaves like a global replace via the config
(properties) file?  i.e. we shouldn't use it for things like admin.title
(which would probably only be used to specify the title of the admin page),
right?

2. I'm used to having a top and bottom file which get included with every
file to define a page template.  Is the best way to do this to use
jsp:include (or c:import from JSTL) or is there a better way using some
struts tag?  Typically my top page has the page title so there should be a
way to pass in parameters to the page.  Is it "better" to use a custom tag
in this case?

Thanks for any help.
Anuj.