On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, 2:21:36 PM, Kris wrote:

KS> You may have to cast "element":

KS> <%= ((java.util.Map.Entry)element).getKey() %>

    Thanks Kris! Yes that's exactly what I had to do (mostly). I say
    mostly, because so many times I've been bitten in the butt by this
    and I'm not sure why it works this way but...
    for some reason I often can't just use the scriplet: <%=
    to force a String conversion, when inside of a tag. I forget
    I have to do:
    <% String.valueOf( ) %>.
    So in the above I think I tried something
    like you mentioned but then realized it only works for me when I
    do:
    value="<% String.valueOf( ((java.util.Map.Entry)element).getKey() ) %>"

    Appreciate you coming up with the solution. I was pulling my hair
    out over this.

--

Rick
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]