I just like the fact that it apparently should be the type of
self-investigation that could get you stuck (what would that be, exactly?).
And that you would then be expected to call some team somewhere to come
rescue you from your own idiocy.

SELF-INVESTIGATOR: {with foot wrapped around head}  Hello?  Hello?  Is this
the XYZ team?  Yes, I must say, I'm quite embarrassed; you see I've been
investigating myself, and now I find that I'm rather stuck.  Please don't
tell anyone.

What if you got so stuck you couldn't reach the phone?

Cheers,
Laird