Greetings:

I am using struts1.1b2 to implement a web application. I have a
question regarding to implementing session timeout. When session is
invalidated, user who has logged in the system should be forwarded to login page.
I am not clear about the followings, and hope someone can help me out.

1. Should I use request.getSession(false) to check if session is
timeout? If so, that means for every request, it will check if session is
invaildate. Will it cause performance problem? If not, which methods
should I call to check it?

2. If I should use request.getSession(false) to check session timeout,
where should I write the code? Should I write the code in every action
class?

3. There are many methods related to session, such as getCreationTime,
getLastAccessedTime,..Where and how should I use them in the
implementation?

4.From my understanding, I can set timeout in web.xml or use
setMaxInactiveIterval(int ..). Usually which way should be use?

5. After user login, I want to forward the user to the page where he
was when session timeout. Where should I save the information(with the
information, I know where I should forward the user to)?

I searched the archive. However, it seems that I can't find the
specific info.

Your help is highly appreicated.

Doug