On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Alireza Fattahi wrote:

> Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:14:59 +0330
> From: Alireza Fattahi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Java Server Faces
>
> Hi,
>
> As you might know the Java Server Faces is released. Is Struts compatible
> with this specification? If not will it be compatible with that?

Struts will have an integration library that is compatible with the next
early access release of JavaServer Faces (the APIs have been undergoing
revision since the public EA release several months ago).

> By the way, is this sentence correct:
> The JFC is specification and sun will not develop any thing at all by
> himself.

The spec lead for any Java Specification Request (JSR), including
JavaServer Faces, is required to provide a "reference implementation" that
conforms to the specification.  Sun will be doing so for JavaServer Faces
as well.  However, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a variety of
implementations of this specification, with different sets of features.

> Alireza.

Craig McClanahan