U r first Q ,I dont know ...But abt 2nd may be i have some suggestion form my
experience with struts ..
>>>2. What is the standard way to pass data from Action objects to the JSP
(view)? Should the data be sent as a) Session properties, b) Some bean
objects, or c) Data members of the Action object?

GEnerally u should try to avoid using session variables.So the standard way is
to pass the data in request scope.So if the data u want to use in jsp is
attribute of the formBean,then as the form bean is available to the jsp , u can
use it there...I think this keeps the design clean as the form bean actually
represents the form data..So u dont have to look at the action class to see
what u are trying to put on jsp..The form bean is the place...