How 'bout using a dummy form with a select element whose size attribute is 3?
Each error message would be rendered as an option element. Of course, there's no
strict requirement for browsers to render a select element as a scrollable list
box when the size attribute is present (and > 1), but IE 6.0, NS 4.79, and
Mozilla 1.2 seem to do so.

<form>
  <select size="3">
    <option>Error 1</option>