From: Doug Ogateter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 3:38 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: reset doesn't work well

Hi:
I have a problem with reset button. In my jsp file, I have <html:reset/>. In my form
class, I have:

  public void reset(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request) {
    amount = null;

    password = null;
   }

in the struts-config.xml file, it has:

   <action    path="/xxx"
               type="yyy"
               name="myForm"
              scope="request"

              input="/zzz.jsp">
          <forward name="success"             path="/zzz.jsp"/>
    </action>

I filled out the fields, if I click reset button before submit the form, the fields
are cleared. But if I submit the form first, and it detects some error(for example:
the password is not correct), the form is showed  with error message. In this case,
when I click reset button, the fields are not cleared. What is wrong with this. I
really want the fields can be cleared if errors are detected. Could someone help me
out?

Thanks.

Doug