Allow me to answer my own question. It is mostly Mozilla's fault, but some of mine. In the app I'm building, the images don't exist yet -- the graphical designer will add them this week. It turns out that Mozilla behaves differently when the image doesn't exist. When the image is accessible, all is OK.

--
Neil Erdwien, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Web Technologies Manager
Computing and Network Services, Kansas State University