DynaValidatorForm requires you to use the form bean name in your
validator-rules.xml; DynaValidatorActionForm allows you to use the name of
your action in your validator-rules.xml.  I tend to use
DynaValidatorActionForm since I use a fairly course-grained form bean; this
allows me to only validate those fields that relate to a specific action.
Using the DynaValidatorForm would require me to have several form beans
where I only need one.

Jerry

or/DynaValidatorActionForm.html

I am wondering what exactly the difference
between them is.

Judging from the Javadoc it looks like
DynaValidatorActionForm overrides validate
method of DynaValidatorForm, but the Javadoc
does not indicate what is different in the
implementation of DynaValidatorActionForm's
validate implementation.

Does anyone know?

I looked at the source, and the method
implementations look identical.
Are there future plans that will make them
different?

I am just trying to decide which one to use.
 All Struts articles that mention these 2
classes are super vague about which one to
use.  They just say use one or the other.
But when should I prefer to use one or the
other?

Thanks,
Otis

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at the following email
address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]