Hum, sound like a bug. I will investigate on that.

 In the meantime, you can use the old action:
<action path="/compose"
          type="org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.NoOpAction">
 <forward name="success" path=".compose"/>
</action>

 It should work (I hope).
     Cedric

Jim Theodoridis wrote:

Yes it does.
<definition name=".compose" extends=".mainLayout">
<put name="title" value="Compose" />
<put name="body" value="/pages/mail/compose.jsp" />
</definition>

If i use
<action path="/showContacts"
type="gr.tera.mailclient.contacts.ShowContactsAction" >
<forward name="list" path=".compose"/>
</action>

works fine. The problem is when I use org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction

For now I use an extra jsp page like compose.jsp
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
<tiles:insert definition=".compose" flush="true" />

But i don't want to create extra pages. i want to work with tiles

Thanx

Does .compose exist in your tiles config file ?

Apparently, the TilesRequestProcessor doesn't catch the name ".compose", which means that it doesn't exist in the factory.

Cedric

Jim Theodoridis wrote:

Yes.

I use struts 1.2b2

I have the following entries in struts-config.xml
<action path="/showContacts"
type="gr.tera.mailclient.contacts.ShowContactsAction" >
<forward name="list" path=".contacts"/>
</action>
<action path="/compose"
type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter=".compose"/>

The 1st works fine but the on the 2nd i am getting the message
javax.servlet.ServletException: Path .compose does not start with a "/"
character
at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.jav

:507)
at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor

.

java:448)

Thanx

For additional commands, e-mail: