Same here. I'd say John's reaction is common for 99% of the users that try it. The other 1% are just speechless!

On Tuesday, December 31, 2002, at 09:28 AM, John Bigboote wrote:

If you've haven't yet checked out IDEA, you should.
I've been using it exclusively now for over a year and
it is simply the best editor for me.  You won't find
the wizards that many of the other IDEs have, just
powerful editing and refactoring capabilities that
don't get in your way.  Struts users should note that
James Holmes's fine Struts Console is supported as a
plug-in.

JetBrains is very responsive to users' requests, and
has expanded the functionality of IDEA without adding
bloat.  Do yourself a favor and try out IDEA.

I have no connection to JetBrains and IDEA, other than
being an enthusiastic user.

--- Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We don't have an IntelliJ HowTo (yet), but if you've
been considering
this very fine IDE, licenses to individuals are
being offered at
half-price through January 15.

http://intellij.com/idea/

Since I'm expecting 2003 to be a Very Good Year
(knock on wood-grain
laminate), it's the first thing on my TODO list
tommorrow.

--
Ted Husted,
Struts in Action