From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 10:28 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: (http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-tiles-1.1) cannot be
resolved

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Don't understand why you prefer an absolute path? I use relative path,
>
> In web.xml
>
> <taglib>
>       <taglib-uri>/tags/struts-tiles</taglib-uri>
>       <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld</taglib-location>
> </taglib>

In a JSP 1.2 (or later) container, you can now nest multiple TLDS in the
"META-INF/tlds" subdirectory of a JAR file, and they will be
automatically
recognized by the container.  That means you do not have to use any
<taglib> directive at all in the web.xml file, if you don't want to, as
long as you use the official URIs for these libraries (it's in the <uri>
element of the TLD itself.

The Struts documentation still describes the techniques using <taglib>,
because the minimum platform is JSP 1.1 and automatic TLD recognition
for
multiple tag libraries does not work there.

Craig