Ok, here are the relevant pieces of information

        <!-- Step 1 Action, this takes you to form to edit
-->
        <action    path="/gotoStep1"
               type="com.fdl.quoteweb.GotoStep1Action"
               scope="request"
               validate="true"
               input="/quoteweb/welcome.jsp">
           <forward name="success"
path="/quoteweb/step1.jsp"/>
           <forward name="failure"
path="/quoteweb/welcome.jsp"/>
        </action>

        <!-- Step 2 Action, this is used to map the input
form  -->
        <action    path="/gotoStep2"
               type="com.fdl.quoteweb.GotoStep2Action"
               scope="request"
                           name="gotoStep2Form"
               validate="true"
               input="/quoteweb/step1.jsp">
           <forward name="success"
path="/quoteweb/step2.jsp" />
           <forward name="failure"
path="/quoteweb/step1.jsp" />
        </action>

    <!--  Bean -->
    <form-bean name="gotoStep2Form"
type="com.fdl.quoteweb.actionforms.GotoStep2Form"/>

                request.setAttribute("prospect", prospect);
                request.setAttribute("proposals", proposals);

the GotoStep2Form

        public ActionErrors validate(
                                                ActionMapping mapping,
                                                HttpServletRequest request) {

                if(getProspectNm() == null ||
getProspectNm().length() <1) {
                        errors.add("prospectNm", new
ActionError("gotoStep2.propNm.displayName"));
                }

                request.setAttribute("proposals", session

                return errors;
        }

Thanks for your help.

--- Rick Reumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday, January 6, 2003, 9:23:04 AM, Samir wrote:
>
> SS> The problem is when the user is sent back to
> SS> the input screen on error, it is not finding the
> SS> required Javabeans in the request object and is
> SS> failing to create the form with the data.
>
> I know we started working on this on Friday. And
> from your post on
> Friday:
>
> ,----- [ begin ] ---- >>
> |
> | The HTML page gets drawn, but I get an error
> logged
> | that says
> | [1/3/03 11:00:02:000 CST] 7da25c48 WebGroup      X
> | Servlet Error: Cannot find bean prospect in any
> scope:
> | javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean
> | prospect in any scope
> |
> '----- [ end ] ------ ||
>
> I 'think' the problem might be maybe how you are
> putting the bean
> 'prospect' into scope. I believe prospect should be
> a form bean tied
> to your action in the struts-config.xml. My guess is
> that it isn't and
> you are putting prospect into scope some other way.
> Do me a favor and
> e-mail your relevant struts-config portion. Notice
> below there is
> name="employeeFormBean" in your case the page that
> first brings you to
> the form should have an action path with
> name="prospect".
>
> <action path="/updateNonHomeEmployee"
>             type="com.adp.employee.EmployeeAction"
>             name="employeeFormBean"
>             scope="request"
>             validate="true"
>             parameter="dispatch"

input="/WEB-INF/jsp/employee/employeeViewNonHomeStore.jsp">
>             <forward
>                     name="continue"
>
> path="/employee/displayEmployees.jsp"/>
>         </action>