Hi,

I'm not completely satisfied with the way to perform a forward from an
Action to another using such a configuration because I think the ".do" is
something specified in web.xml and this "should" not import for struts:
---------
<action path="/actions/firstAction" type="example.SecurityAction"
scope="request">
    <forward name="success" path="/actions/secondAction.do"/>
</action>

<action path="/actions/secondAction" type="example.BusinessAction"
scope="request">
    <forward name="success" page="/pages/businessPage.jsp"/>
</action>
---------

An other way I can see would be to use a property to configure the name of
the forward action and to build an ActionForward from the path of the action
that has been retrieved from its name. It's more satisfying in the way that
it doesn't depends upon the ".do", but it is really cumbersome:
---------
<action path="/actions/firstAction" type="example.SecurityAction"
scope="request">
    <set-property property="forwardSuccess" value="/actions/secondAction" />
</action>

<action path="/actions/secondAction" type="example.BusinessAction"
scope="request">
    <forward name="success" page="/pages/businessPage.jsp"/>
</action>
---------

What if something like this would be possible?
---------
<action path="/actions/firstAction" type="example.SecurityAction"
scope="request">
    <forward name="success" action="/actions/secondAction"/>
</action>

<action path="/actions/secondAction" type="example.BusinessAction"
scope="request">
    <forward name="success" page="/pages/businessPage.jsp"/>
</action>
---------

Or any other solution?

Marc.