From: Loren Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 4:07 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: How should I pass an exposed bean variable as custom tag parameter?

Arg, i can't see how to pass bean variables as parameters to my own custom tag.  It
seems like this should be easy, but it appears to be a common problem, previous posts
have led to my attempting various methods . . . without success, perhaps since i'm
trying to pass an array.

Please help!

I'm trying to pass a variable, exposed by the <nested> tag, to a custom tag.

'Submission' is the bean, and 'attributes' is a Object[] in 'Submission', to
demonstrate, this prints from the array:

 <nested:nest property="submission">
        <nested:write property="ID"/>

        <nested:iterate property="attributes">
                <nested:write property="name" />
                <nested:write property="value"/>
        </nested:iterate>
 </nested:nest>

What I'd like to do is pass submission.attributes into my tag as the variable data . .
. I've tried many ways, this is the "phonetic" code, which doesn't work.

<nested:nest property="submission">

        <app:showAttributes data="attributes"/>

</nested:nest>

thanks in advance,