From: Siggelkow, Bill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 11:20 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Call Struts Action from JS

What type of object is formObject?  That is, how are you calling this function (e.g.
from onclick? or some other event handler).

If 'formObject' is actually the 'document' then you would do something like ...

  formObject.forms[0].action="<%=request.getContextPath()%>/getAccounts.do";
  formObject.forms[0].submit();

or if the form were named 'myForm' you could use ...

  formObject.myForm.action="<%=request.getContextPath()%>/getAccounts.do";
  formObject.myForm.submit();

Also, I am curious as to why you are needing to set the action via JavaScript when it
doesn't seem like it is dynamic?  Even if you submit using the submit() method of Form
it will still use the action that is specified for the form tag.

Another thing to keep in mind is that calling 'submit()' will not invoke any onsubmit
event handlers if you have them.  In general, I don't like using the 'submit()' method
but sometimes it is unavoidable.