On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Jeff Born wrote:

> Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:25:27 -0600
> From: Jeff Born <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: What am i missing? Question about tlds
>
> I just started using struts-el.  Everything seems to be working fine, however
> I never defined the struts-html-el.tld in the web.xml.
>
> My question is why does this work.  Why should I put the tld definitions in
> the web.xml?

It's magic!  :-)

Actually, you're probably using a JSP 1.2 or later container, which knows
how to find TLDs in the JAR files that are included in your WEB-INF/lib
directory automatically (and the Struts JARs have them in the right
places).

For example, in Tomcat 4 (or another Servlet 2.3 / JSP 1.2) container, and
running Struts 1.1-b3, you can reference the struts-bean TLD like this in
your page, and say nothing about it in the web.xml file:

  <%@ taglib prefix="bean" uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-bean"; %>

The "official" URI for each TLD is listed in the <uri> element of the TLD
itself.

> Thanks,
>
> jb

Craig