On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Seth Milder wrote:

> Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:16:40 -0500
> From: Seth Milder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Setting Roles
>
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering what I need to do to set roles for optional content when
> using struts template tags as in
>
>       <template:get name='administratorPanel' role="ADMINISTRATOR" />
>
> Where and how can I set this role? I've googled it and looked through
> the docs but I can only find how to check the role but not to set it.
>
> Thanks for any help with this.

You need to set up <security-constraint> elements in your web.xml file,
and thus enable container managed login to the application.  When the user
is logged in, he or she is assigned a set of roles that the application
can check by calling request.isUserInRole(), and that's what Struts does
for you to enforce the "roles" attribute of a template or an action.

> Seth Milder

Craig