From: Andy Kriger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 6:00 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: responding to session timeouts

This isn't a Struts-specific question, but i'm figuring someone here might
know the answer...

Is there a way to know when a session times-out and respond to that? (like
an event being fired or and having a servlet acting as a listener) There's
some cleanup that I need to do in the case that a user does not complete
their transaction (e.g. they shut their browser down leaving the system
state incomplete). In this case, I'd like to have a background object
(servlet, thread, whatever) do some cleaning up when the session times-out.

Any ideas?

thx
andy