If you're using Struts 1.1 you should change the template references to tiles because the template library is deprecated. It seems like AssessmentMenuContent.jsp is in your root webapp directory because you precede it with a /. Have you tried using an absolute path for the other jsps instead of the relative ../?

David

From: "JONATHAN PHILIP HOLLOWAY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Referring to resources elsewhere
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:56:04 -0000

I've currently got a problem with my template and it doesn't actually display
the pages that are referrred to in the parent folder. I have the template
defined as follows butI can't seem to reference mainmenu.html,
message.html, submenu.html or footer.html in the following way. Could
somebody tell me exactly how it is defined.

My template resides in a folder called assessments whilst the other
files reside in the folder above this.

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri='/WEB-INF/struts-template.tld' prefix='template' %>

<template:insert template='../template.jsp'>

<template:put name='header' content='header.html'/>

<template:put name='mainmenu' content='../mainmenu.html'/>
<template:put name='message' content='../message.html'/>
<template:put name='submenu' content='../submenu.html'/>

<template:put name='content' content='/AssessmentMenuContent.jsp'/>

<template:put name='footer' content='../footer.html'/>

</template:insert>

Many thanks in advance,
Jon.

Jonathan Holloway,