I believe struts.jar in the WEB-INF/lib worked fine in Jboss 3.0.2, but then got broken in 3.0.3.

Workaround: Place struts.jar in your ear and put struts.jar in the manifest of the war file.

JBoss 3.0.5 RC2 fixed the problem so struts.jar can now go back into the WEB-INF/lib of your .war, but still has one issue. If you try to deploy 2 .war's with struts.jar in them, you will run into some classloader conflicts due to the way they handle their classloading. It seems they want to allow you access to classes in other classloaders to avoid duplication, but this is causing some issues when having multiple ear's, war's, etc running around.

Workaround: Same as above.

JBoss 3.0.5 final was just released and I haven't tested with that to see if they've resolved anything.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Eric Weidner
Sr. Engineer
EJB Solutions, Inc.
http://www.ejbsolutions.com
Get your Open Source Out-Of-The-Box!

Eric Jain wrote:

We have been running out TomCat seperately to our JBoss (on same machine
usually) so far during development without encountering this problem,
however in attempting to use the integrated one we are hitting this wall.

Same problem here, but with JBoss/Jetty. One ugly workaround seems to be to
put all Struts-related libraries in the jboss/server/default/lib directory,
rather than in WEB-INF/lib.

--
Eric Jain