Hello to all struts users.

I am facing somewhat unusual problem.The cuurent project is being built on
struts 1.1
All the validations were earlier done is ACTIONFORMS.for good application
architecture we have decided to go for StrutsValidator/ Validator plugin
which will take care of all the validations.

All common validations are being done using the validation.xml and
validator-rules.xml.
(minlength, maxlength, email, required)
for customised validation we have made validation-custom.xml and
validator-custom-rules.xml.
(field comparison etc)

I have removed the Validate() from the ActionForm and set validation=false
in the action mapping of struts-config.xml(This was done later as we thought
setting to true invoked the validate().So we set it to validate=false,
inorder to invloke the plugin).When the application starts-up the digestor
reads the xml files and hold the validation in struts memory.All the error
messages are given in the resource file.But we don't understand the
validation is not occuring.We believe struts is not able invoke and passe it
to the plugin.

Below is an extract from the struts-config.xml.The Tiles plugin works just
fine ..but Validator plugin does not work at all.

<plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
<set-property property="pathnames"
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml,/WEB-INF/validat
ion-custom.xml,/WEB-INF/validator-custom-rules.xml"/>
</plug-in>

<plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin" >
<set-property property="definitions-config"
value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml" />
<set-property property="definitions-debug" value="1" />
<set-property property="definitions-parser-details" value="0" />
<set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true" />
</plug-in>

Any ideas from your guys...?

Help is appreciated.

thanx