I have a form with three submit buttons using the lookupDispatchAction approach. I want to add some href's for paging... so whats the best way to submit the paging request.. i will need all the form data too... in order to force an update in the event that the user has entered some data.

From: Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: LookupDispatchAction
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:53:44 -0700

> So i guess all i need do is check the request object for my parameter as
set
> in the URL of the href???
> protected Map getKeyMethodMap(ActionMapping mapping,
> ActionForm form,
> HttpServletRequest request) {
> Map map = new HashMap();
> map.put("button.add", "add");
> map.put("button.delete", "delete");
> return map;
> }

Check it for what? That's what LookupDispatchAction does for you. It
figures out what method to call. I use it, but I had to override the
execute method to provide a default behavior, otherwise it blows up if the
specified parameter isn't present.

In your first message you asked about submitting the form with a link. If
that one parameter is the only one you need, fine, you can specify it at the
end of the link. But you can't "submit a form" with a link and expect all
of the form elements to get sent to the server. (Barring the use of
JavaScript, anyway!)

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.